Boza is an alcohol-free, lightly fermented beverage produced from millet semolina, water and sugar. It is widely consumed in Balkans, Middle East and Central Asia.
The benefits of boza:
- increases breast milk production for breastfeeding mothers
- helps the prevention of the carcinogenic substances formation, such as nitrosamine, in the body.
- has probiotical effect by dint of the active yeasts and beneficial bacteria it contains.
- makes the body resistant against many infections such as influenza.
- provides extra energy for physical activities
- lactic acid forming during the fermentation of the boza makes the digestion easier.
- positively affects the activities of the gastric glands.
- has an important role in nutrition because it contains vitamin B complex.
- has eye-opening and relaxing effect for the nerves.
- also known as ‘’liquid bread’’ because of its nutritious feature and containing many nutritional elements besides carbohydrate and protein.